Switching from "conventional tuning lever" to carbon fiber.

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Mon Sep 1 04:34:34 MDT 2008

"how lousy those translated messages come across at times"

I think one could put up a case for saying that it should be, not "lousy",
but "lousily" in this context.  The function is a description of the
manner in which an action - "coming across" - takes place, hence is
adverbial rather than adjectival.  One says (if writing or speaking
correct English) "how badly the job was done", not "how bad the job was
done".

Though pedantic, I'm in a good mood today!

Best regards,

David.