Role of the Staple on a hammer

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 27 23:21:08 MST 2008

I ran into a piano today, that had a separation of the felt from the wood,
in over a dozen hammers.
When you looked at the hammer you could see a staple. But when you checked
the separated hammer, you could see that the staple, was for show only, as
it was not long enough to be anywhere near the wood.
They went to all the trouble, of inserting a staple, just for show.
Now that is deception.
Over the years I have noticed this problem, on this brand of piano. It was a
Mason & Risch apartment size piano.
John Ross