no rep on upright

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 11:13:14 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 2:27 am
Subject: Re: no rep on upright

Wim,

Is this a problem throughout the entire keyboard? Or just on a few specific keys?? The whole keyboard

How are the jack springs? ?If old, they might be so weak that in regular playing, they wouldn't return the jack under the butt. They are fine

I'm not getting your meaning here: "...and the hammer?butt gets caught on the back check."? It's when the wippen doesn't fallback down..

Did you check to make sure the jack is not being trapped between the jack stop rail (or the back of the letoff rail) and the hammer butt? It is not.

--?
JF