waves, Ric

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Oct 13 04:00:55 MDT 2008

Hi Dave

Woah... I also graduated in 1970. Cubberley was just around the corner
as it were. I remember it as it was yesterday... best year in school I
ever had. I'd been in Whitefish Montana for the previous 7 years and did
a kind of <<foreign exchange>> thing on a private basis with a family
down in Palo Alto. Santa Cruz was just so cool... and it was the early
seventies... actually fall of 1969.  Those were TIMES !!.  We used to
climb this tree that had a very convenient overhang into Stanford
Stadium on game day :)... Ok Stanford rarely had a good team.... but it
was good old time college football.

Yeah.. its a bit of a drive over the hills from Palo Alto... but sooooo
nice back then.  I've been back a few times through the years for one of
those walks down memory lane.  If you are still there you might do me a
favor if you get the chance. Did'nt really get to know so much of the
rest of the area... somewhere a bit south of  Half moon bay (I think)
there was this nudist beach we at the age of 17-18 were of course
anxious to try out.  And Big Sur and points south of course....well that
came a couple years later....

Cool you went to Cubberley.  There was a third High School in Palo Alto
wasnt there ?  Cant remember. Anyways...

Cheers
RicB

    No way, Ric...you didn't go to Paly, really, did you?? I'm a
    cubberley high grad from 1970.? And a Santa Cruz frequenter, too,
    mostly body boarding.? 26th Ave., Seabright (the one next to
    Boardwalk), Steamer's, and occasionally Ocean Beach in SF when I was
    feeling brave.? I wish I lived close enough to make it practical to
    do once in a while.? Driving all week makes me not want to drive up
    and over the hill on weekends.

    Dave Stahl