New WNG carbon fiber action parts

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 11 09:14:32 MDT 2008

Jude,

Main problems are:  1)  Wippen rail needs to be relieved to clear
bottome of wippen, otherwise the rail holds the wippen up off of the
capstain.  2)  The Wippen has a cast-in boss for assist springs, which
interferes with the hammer tail.  We'll have to cut off the spring
boss.  They suggested coving out the hammer a little more, but we'd
rather have reliable checking.  3)  Let-off button adjustment will be
nearly bottomed out - we'll need to replace with longer buttons.  4)
Drop screws will be turned down so low they'll be buried - we'll have to
install thicker cushion on the rep lever.  As to the suggestion to check
the action spread, can't increase it because of the spring boss - hammer
tail interference, and can't decrease it or the jack tender will be off
the edge of the let-off button.  I'll try to find the photos.  We've
test regulated samples of black WNG, new Renner, and the original WNG parts
in all possible combinations, and the black WNG wippens cause problems
in any combination, while the original WNG wippens work best and the
Renner wippens are acceptable.

Mike