repinning a Baldwin Hamilton

paulrevenkojones at aol.com paulrevenkojones at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 16:19:47 MDT 2008

 Terry, what does this mean?

DAHIK!

 Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrell <mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 4:06 pm
Subject: Re: repinning a Baldwin Hamilton

Barbara - I was going to ask how long you let it dry. But
it's implied here that it was short duration or maybe you tried a hair dryer? I
have had very good luck with alcohol/water sizing. I don't worry too much about
the percentage - about 50/50 - but if it doesn't soak in very well, I might up
the alcohol and once everything is wet, maybe more water - but I have not found
it critical. What I have found critical is to let the action centers dry
naturally overnight - preferably a full day or two. 90+%?of the time it
will work great - just make sure to get the action centers nice and wet. And be
sure to not get water on other action parts - like hammer butts
(DAHIK!).

?

Terry Farrell