repinning a Baldwin Hamilton

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 15:06:44 MDT 2008

Barbara - I was going to ask how long you let it dry. But it's implied here that it was short duration or maybe you tried a hair dryer? I have had very good luck with alcohol/water sizing. I don't worry too much about the percentage - about 50/50 - but if it doesn't soak in very well, I might up the alcohol and once everything is wet, maybe more water - but I have not found it critical. What I have found critical is to let the action centers dry naturally overnight - preferably a full day or two. 90+% of the time it will work great - just make sure to get the action centers nice and wet. And be sure to not get water on other action parts - like hammer butts (DAHIK!).

Terry Farrell