Shop Safety

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Thu Oct 2 06:14:06 MDT 2008

You were very fortunate to have not been injured.  My former husband had the
back up plate on a grinding wheel explode.  He was not wearing safety
glasses (his job did not provide them!).  A section wacked across his
glasses, breaking them, putting two pieces of glass into his eye.  One small
piece was lodged in the cornea, another had travelled completely in to the
vitreous.  Many surgeries later, over several years, he was fortunate to
still have sight in that eye.

Debbie L.