Epoxy for separated pinblock, or Titebond (I,II or III) ???

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 11:08:07 MST 2008

 Once again, I've seen a case of a "repaired" pinblock
( carriage bolts through back, with washers and nuts )
that has failed.
     This time, although the back is rock maple, the
string tension STILL sucked the nuts and washers into
the wood so far, that there's a 1/2" gap between the
pinblock and the back frame!!!
     ( Stretching the bolts, too??????? )
     So, I'm about to glue it all together. ( With #8
bolts all the way through, and a thick steel plate all
along the back that CAN'T get sucked into the wood! )
     I'm sure it doesn't matter, with the
compreghensive arrangement I'm using, which will
"sandwich" eveything  together.
     But I'm still wondering: what's better in an old
glue joint ???????
Epoxy: which is very strong but will not ( perhaps)
bind with the old glue?
OR
One of the Titebond glues, which WILL. ( Because
they're both water soluble. )
Thumpe

P.S. "Test Tip":  Run a sample strip of all your
favorite glues on the lid of one of those plastic
salad trays, mark them, then peel them off and play
with them after a  week or so. You can see whixch are
tough, brittle, flexible, waterproof, etc.
--- Michael Kurta <mkurta at roadrunner.com> wrote:

Euphonious Thumpe