Performance enhancements for Anaheim

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sat Mar 29 08:54:48 MST 2008

Looks good Dale,  Are you bringing it on top of the Porsche?
pw

erwinspiano at aol.com
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
03/29/2008 10:24 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Performance enhancements for Anaheim

 Hi All
 Just a sneak peak at the  1927 Steinway B (hot rod) Dennis & I are
supping up for the Anaheim convention. Dennis has done an incredible job
making & installing the cut-off bar & beefed up treble tone bar. He has
really jumped all over this one.
  The rib scale now has 15 ribs instead of the usual 13 based on a hybrid
idea.
  The bridge pin pattern are laid out using a new Plexiglas location
template & the results are really organize with few defects.
 The Stwy B ( B is for bad boy) sports a Custom made maple lam pin block &
short 4 note transition bridge. This is an in shop  handcrafted Sitka
spruce soundboard panel pressed up in new jigs & fixtures with Terry's
input.
  Disconnected ring bridge.....hmm should be fun. I may not be popular
with some folks back at the Mother ship.
  Hey, it's all fun when you cancorrect Mothers mistakes. We moved the
block,bridge,capstans  & action stack forward to correct a horrible action
ratio & keys full of lead.
  Enjoy
  Dale

View full size