Falcone (Chinese) pianos

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Mar 27 07:39:14 MST 2008

Paul,

Do you like them more than the Pearl Rivers?

pw

"Paul McCloud" <pmc033 at earthlink.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
03/27/2008 09:33 AM
Please respond to
pmc033 at earthlink.net; Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Falcone (Chinese) pianos

Hi, David:
                 They are made by American Sejung.  Our store used to sell
them with a
player installed at the factory.  We used to sell the smallest model
GF-42,
under 5'.  Almost all need bass damper alignment because of leaky notes.
Not sure why, but not a huge deal.  Otherwise they were ok.  Nothing to
write home about, but not the worst.  Just a very inexpensive Chinese
import.  Overall tone could be improved, sort of clunky but not overly
bright.  I can't remember the larger models of Falconi.  Our lower line is
George Steck, which I think is also made by American Sejung.  Acceptable
quality, inexpensive, etc.
                 Our middle line now is Brodmann, which are a hybrid
German/Chinese piano.
Best I've seen coming from China.  Many artists prefer it over a Baldwin
of
similar size, though the price is about half.  The strings are specially
made in Austria.  Good customer service.  FWIW.
                 My 2 cents.
                 Paul McCloud
                 San Diego.

Paul McCloud