for those on the fence about hearing protection..

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:09:54 MST 2008

Al and Ric,
We probably have different definitions of "pounding."

There was a tuner in the area that *every* strike was about as loud as my
normal test blow (90-100 dB).  Then his test blows were even louder than his
normal, which were louder than my test blow.

It's probably all in the definition.  I'm not a pounder by my friend's
definition, or by my own definition.  I might be by yours.  And as I said
early on in this discussion, I'm always open to learning different ways of
stabilization.   (Like using a hammer shank, which I brought up a few years
back.  It works, but it's more cumbersome.)

--
JF