Pocket PC Tunelab tuning

Jason Kanter jkanter at rollingball.com
Tue Mar 25 18:04:21 MST 2008

When Ric tunes A4 and E6 to the very same Tunelab setting, then A#4 and F6,
and so on up the keyboard, he is *guaranteeing* perfect 12ths. When you only
use 3:1, you are relying on the TL math to be precisely spot on, which it
often isn't. (That is, the math is fine but the calculation of the
inharmonicity constants, based on five or six readings, is a close
approximation often off by a few cents in the upper ranges. You can verify
this yourself: when you get up to say C7, play the note F5 and see if the
blocks remain still. If so, TL has given you a perfect 12th. More often than
not, the blocks will move.)

--
jason's cell 425 830 1561