rescale bass strings

Horace Greeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Mon Mar 24 21:16:30 MST 2008

Hi,

At 08:22 PM 3/24/2008, you wrote:
>My experience with Mapes is that if they have
>the scale in their data bank they use what they
>have rather than try and measure what you send
>them.  I would be surprised if your original
>scaling ever crossed the threshold of
>consciousness.  It’s too bad, I’m sure your
>scale changes improved that M­it certainly does
>benefit from some modifications.

and...Mapes quality is not all that consistent, either.

I'd go with any of the folks David suggested previously before using Mapes.

>   BTW, couldn’t you have just sent them back
> after it was clear that they hadn’t done what
> you asked and then recalculated the thing again?

FWIW, having tried that a several times a few
years back and having had nothing be
exceptionally back "luck", I gave up even trying
and started using other suppliers....rather like
sending back the lobster bisque...you never quite
know how it's processed before they send it back out to you.

Best.

Horace