more trouble than it's worth (was tune, chip with oversized pins?)

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 19:46:39 MST 2008

Like everyone else has suggested, doing it the way you plan is a mistake.
You don't know whether the block might fail altogether, not to mention
broken beckets, strings, etc., etc..  Don't make the customer's problem
yours.  What kind of piano is it?  Either treat the block with CA glue and
see how that goes or redo the thing correctly.  Don't be pressured into
taking shortcuts for the sake of the customer's previous bad experience and
create one for yourself.  We've all done it and wished we hadn't.  Here's
your opportunity to learn from other's mistakes.   I recommend you take
advantage of it.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com