Lindner/Rippen pianos

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 11:35:31 MST 2008

Hi List,
I think that I may have posted before on the Lindner piano.  We had a  major
infestation here in UK.  However, it has to be said that, in my  experience,
the tuning would usually stand like a rock and the later ones  with wooden keys
were not bad value.
I still have not come across anyone who saw the Lindner Grand  however.
Design- wise I think this could have had a future.   Although straight-strung, it
had a conventional grand action and none of the  plastic or aluminiunm parts
like the upright.   The case design was  really super in my opinion, in that it
had a 'straight'  curved side   like some harpsichords, a square tail, and
was in a very light wood.  The  whole thing was supported on a central black
steel pedestal which  incorporated the pedals.  I would like to see a picture of
one again since  I only worked on one of them.  Anyone out there seen one?

ric