Lindner/Rippen pianos

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sat Mar 22 10:50:06 MST 2008

I never knew the history of the piano, so thanks, Bruce, for the lesson.

Shortly after we moved to the US in 1956, my dad opened a pianos store. He tried to sell Rippon pianos. He sold maybe a dozen. (These were the ones made in Holland.)  I do remember that the case designs were very unusual.

One problem he did have, as I recall, was damage to the crates and the pianos. He claimed it was the dock workers in Chicago who, according to him, didn't like anything made overseas.

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI
Author of