Kimball Spinet Issue

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 10:41:47 MST 2008

I tuned a Kimball Spinet this morning (s/n A12066).  The overall tuning pin torque was between 30-50 inch lbs.  That is for a very marginal tuning at best.  However, the left pin of C-40 and the right/left pin of C#-41 was less than 30 inch lbs.  I mean literally the pins would take off without applying but a fraction of pressure on the hammer.  What would be the best fix for those three pins?  I know, the entire piano could use something, but with those three pins in particular what would be a good solution?  I was able to stable the tuning throughout the piano with what I had to work with, but with those pins it'll be impossible to hold it without some fix.

  Thank you
  Matthew