for those on the fence about hearing protection..

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 21 19:33:19 MST 2008

But I think that we realize that any piano has built in limitations to its
"hitting power", and once reached, a harder blow does absolutely nothing
productive.  The hammer reaches the string on its on inertia, not an
overwhelming blow from us. We can only hit as hard as the piano will go
"loud", and that seems to be much less than the possible energy we can throw
into a key.
les bartlett