birdcage pitch

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Fri Mar 21 18:42:46 MST 2008

Well I haven't found any problem with *tuning* the little Lindners - they
tune up perfectly well and sound quite good for their size.

The problem, of course, is the action.  The risk in tuning would be that
action parts might well break as you're tuning.  It's at least five years
since I encountered one of them, and the already fragile actions parts in
these are now five years more fragile.  So I think before atteptning to tune
one now, I would very carefully warn the owner of the risk of action parts
breaking and that I would not be responnsible for any, if the owner chose to
go ahead with the tuning.

I recall finxing a damper lever or flange on one by using silicon mastic.

Best regards,

David.

"Concerning the Lindner Irish plastic pianos: don´t even try to service or
tune them. These "pianos" are the most worse case scenarios I encountered in
my life as piano tuner. And I saw a lot of strange things in that business.

Gregor"