for those on the fence about hearing protection..

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Mar 22 10:14:55 MST 2008

Hi Fenton,

Given enough climate change unisons will smear too. All the left strings
will go the same direction. Perhaps that's the key to what Dr. Coleman is
doing with the unisons as you go tuning left string first? I know Ed Foote
does the outside strings first too--but I don't know if he does the left
string first or not.

At 08:49 AM 3/21/2008 -0700, you wrote:
>   I agree that firm test blows are not necessary with  proper hammer
>technique. But, I don't think it has much to do with pitch  fluctuation,
>that would be climate changes. After the piano has dropped in  pitch, if it
>still has stable unisons, I think the tuner has done his  job. Fenton
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner