Incorporation questions

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 02:41:44 MST 2008

About fifteen years ago I took my accountant and my lawyer out to lunch, and asked each one of them to explain why I should or should not become an S corp. The bottom line was that although I?will?save some money on my taxes, most of?the savings, and then some, will be spent on legal fees and additional accounting fees. Unless you are making well above $100,000 a year (after expenses), it's really not worth becoming a S-corp. My son, who is a CPA, and would do all my taxes for me now for free, doesn't see the benefits of me becoming a S-Corp, either.

Just my 2 - cents worth.??

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Honolulu, HI