Final word? was: OT Victor Borge - the Piano Tuner

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 16 07:46:20 MST 2008

I certainly hope no one misinterpreted my posts as
being filled with anger, or heat.  I did mention that
Mr. Borge was borderline rude to me in person, but I
still hold him in high esteem and enjoy his work.

But to state that it doesn't really matter whether it
was dubbed in or not makes no sense to me.

What's the point of miming something?  Where's the
skill there?  Where's the art?  The genius?

What if there was a video of  Borge playing
Rachmaninoff's Second Piano Concerto with one hand?
Doing that live would be pretty impressive.  Miming it
and dubbing it in later with two hands?  Not so much.

Same thing here.

Tom Sivak
Chicago