remedy for "Verdigres

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 15 09:38:55 MST 2008

> Using a Weller pencil tipped soldering iron, you insert the heated tip
> directly into the bushing. You will see a whiff of smoke, the waxy stuff
> dissipating into air. Then re-pin using the Manino broaches.

I haven't tried burning and repinning, but I've tried burning.
The closest I came to getting deverdigrising to work was
heating up the parts with a heat gun until the gunk came
bubbling and smoking out of there. It happens just barely
before, or just barely as, the wood begins to scorch, so it's
touchy. Stinks really bad too. I've had this treatment last up
to six years before seizure returned, but it did finally
return in every single case.

Ron N