A remedy for Verdigris

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Fri Mar 14 20:40:25 MST 2008

David,

Dale is talking about sealing the birdseye to stop any contamination from
spreading into the NEW flanges he'd put on.

That said, I tend to agree with you that there are so many other things that
could need attention that it might not be worth the trouble.  Maybe if the
wippens were in really fine shape otherwise.................

William R. Monroe

> First issue is that the problem is not in the birdseye: it's in the wood
> the
> holds the bushing.

 SNIP

> David Love