Steinway M Backcheck Problem

AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 14 16:01:12 MST 2008

Steinway M Backcheck ProblemHave you double-checked (ha-ha) the backcheck height??

William, are you talking about the height of the backchecks in the key or the height that I'm setting them at to check? I have tried setting them higher and lower with not much improvement.

Is it possible your bench set-up is enough different than your piano that it is unreliable?

It certainly seems to be with this piano. I have always use wedges to be sure the action is sitting properly on my bench as I did with this action. I am in the process of adding glides on the front of my regulating bench as in the Baldwin keybed. I will see if I can adjust them to try and duplicate the Steinway keybed. Still working on it.

Al Guecia