SAT Battery Replacement

Larry Trischetta ltpianoman at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 17:23:32 MST 2008

Don... thanks for the advice. I assume it's because of the recharging
circuit in the SAT II not being compatible with the NiMH, correct? Also, I
noticed that they are only 1.2 volts each and 4 would only produce 4.8 volts
rather than 6. My old NiCad's were only 1.2 each also and I think that's why
sometimes some notes were not read by the SAT or sometimes the lights seemed
dimmer than normal. Anyway, thanks for the prompt reply and help.
Larry Trischetta

>Larry,

>You will need nicads. Not Nickel Metal Hydride type.

>At 06:27 PM 3/12/2008 -0400, you wrote:
>List,
>I finally got my batteries to be put in the SAT II, but now another
question
>is raised; The original batteries were NiCad's. Will the charger built into
>the SAT II be compatible with NiMh batteries? It appears that they are NOT
>compatible because of this information I found at
>http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-21.htm  which states; "A charger
>for nickel-metal-hydride can also accommodate nickel-cadmium, but not the
>other way around. A charger designed for nickel-cadmium would overcharge
the
>nickel-metal-hydride battery." However, I found an old post where someone
>used the NiMH batteries and said they worked well in the SAT II. (I can't
>relocate that post, or else I would repost it here). The NiMH batteries
>supposedly have much less memory issues and last much longer. Any thoughts?
>Larry
Regards,