Bass Bridge Position-upright

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Mar 12 16:30:41 MST 2008

> Anyway, I hear ya. I never suggest anyone rebuild their upright, and I'd
> only get involved with a firm disclaimer as to end value. But, if the
> quality's there, that 1 out of 3. You know, good for the client, good
> for the piano, good for me.
> Fenton

Suggest rebuilding the upright? Well, sure, I have. When they
insist that they want it tuned and functional, and I can't
raise the dead without doing some real work, I'll suggest
rebuilding as the only way they'll get the piano functional.
If they don't immediately try to banish me with a garlic clove
and sharpened crucifix at the first mention of the prices
involved, the end value disclaimer, with explanations,
follows. We rarely get past the garlic, and never to the "good
for the piano" part. I've met a lot of old uprights I'd have
loved to rebuild, and a lot more I'd pass on if it ever came
to that.

I guess the thing to do is rebuilt 'em in Kansas or Ohio, take
'em to the west coast, live in 'em for a year or so, and sell
at a big profit.

<G>
Ron N

Ron N