SAT Battery Replacement

Larry Trischetta ltpianoman at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 15:27:18 MST 2008

List,
I finally got my batteries to be put in the SAT II, but now another question
is raised; The original batteries were NiCad's. Will the charger built into
the SAT II be compatible with NiMh batteries? It appears that they are NOT
compatible because of this information I found at
http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-21.htm  which states; "A charger
for nickel-metal-hydride can also accommodate nickel-cadmium, but not the
other way around. A charger designed for nickel-cadmium would overcharge the
nickel-metal-hydride battery." However, I found an old post where someone
used the NiMH batteries and said they worked well in the SAT II. (I can't
relocate that post, or else I would repost it here). The NiMH batteries
supposedly have much less memory issues and last much longer. Any thoughts?
Larry Trischetta