Side lifting tops on vertical pianos

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue Mar 11 03:29:08 MST 2008

Michael Magness wrote:

> Richard, If I'm not mistaken the Baldwin hinges are open on the bottom
> side if the room is tall enough to allow you to hold it straight up and
> down it just dis-engages then you "hook" it on the hinge pin and lower
> it back down when you're done. I only discovered this after removing the
> hinge mount screws with the help of the owner and then Whoops, there it
> was!! <g>
>
> Mike
> --

I seem to recall that you can't open it far enough to unhook it in a
room with only a 7' ceiling.  (like your favorite finished basement
playroom)

Of course, pianos in rooms with higher ceilings will have sconces,
bookshelves or heavily framed pictures/mirrors above them.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076