Side lifting tops on vertical pianos

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 20:15:45 MST 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

> > Pulling the pin out is the easy part. Putting it back in is what creates
> > the problem. The hinges have to be lined up perfectly. If they are not,
> > it is easy to bend the long hinge pin as you try to push it back
> > in.
> > Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
>
> That's why you bevel the end with a file, isn't it? No problem.
> Ron N

Richard, If I'm not mistaken the Baldwin hinges are open on the bottom side
if the room is tall enough to allow you to hold it straight up and down it
just dis-engages then you "hook" it on the hinge pin and lower it back down
when you're done. I only discovered this after removing the hinge mount
screws with the help of the owner and then Whoops, there it was!! <g>

Mike
--
Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
Charles M.Schulz

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404