Bass Bridge Position-upright

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Mon Mar 10 22:14:09 MST 2008

Attached are before and after of photos of a belly I did on an upright. Some
might say I pushed the envelope to far in shortening the speaking length of
the bass strings(they're probably right, but it's a way to learn something),
the back scale is now huge. I did this with out much experience but I was
very pleased with the bass. I think some loss of power as a trade off for a
stronger fundamental might be an apt description as you put it David. The
piano had horizontal ribs that I changed to a more traditional layout, I
also added two large cut offs.
Fenton