Bass Bridge Position

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 05:31:42 MST 2008

Here are some photos of the roughed in bridge layout.  The long bridge has
been cut but with a bit of extra so that it may be trimmed a bit more when
all is done.  You can see the placement of the transition bridge as well.
The cantilever has been removed from the bass bridge and it has been moved
forward.  The cutting of the long bridge has created more space between the
low end of the bass bridge and the low end of the tenor bridge.  What you
don't see is that a bridge extension has been added to the top end of the
bass bridge which is hidden underneath the plate and curves away from the
nose bolt toward the rim.  The transition bridge will have a bit of an
extension on the low end in its final form as well.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com