Steinway model Z weak bass

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 01:47:25 MST 2008

Wouldn't you know it? My one customer that has a Samick/Conover Cable CC118
with this lift-up lid, also has scalop wall lights right above the piano. I
nearly broke one when I thought that I would raise the top rather than
remove it. Of course, it's also on a wooden floor with caster cups, so next
tuning I'll investigate swapping the hinge pin.

Why didn't Samick just copy Yamaha's 90° turnable hinge-pin idea?

Scott Jackson