Steinway model Z weak bass

Willem Blees wimblees at aol.com
Sat Mar 8 18:59:26 MST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boyce <David at piano.plus.com>
To: Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 1:45 pm
Subject: Re: Steinway model Z weak bass

Wim, that did occur to me afterward. But I think the short leg of the L-shaped pin would be obtrusive at the front.?
?
Best,?
?
David.?
"Can't you insert the hinge pin from the front?"??

That's a cosmetic thing. If the customer doesn't say anything, don't worry about it. Or you can ask her. The choice is between having that L in front, or moving the piano over her floor every time you come.?Whenever I have a pin like that, (and they are a pain to put back on), I?have never said anything to the customers,?and no one has ever?complained.

Wim