Puzzle??

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 09:23:36 MST 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 8:46 AM, <jsmith3109 at aol.com> wrote:

> Terry: There is no music deck on this little gem. Only a combined top and
> deck in one piece. I think the idea of a long screw from the bottom of the
> arms may be the answer. I wish it looked a good as the one you show in you
> e-mail. This one is a real PSO and needs much help. The contest is today, so
> the poor kid who has to use this blonde bomber for warm-up is going to have
> fun. Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I will get back to y'all when
> I find the secret combination.

I've come across a Wurlie studio with the long screw/bolts, so maybe that is
your solution.

However, another Wurlie (studio?) had some sort of locking mechanism that
(if I recall) locked the angled part of the desk to the case.  I can't
remember exactly what unlocked it.  I think it might have been something you
have to squeeze toward the middle.

Story & Clark also had a piano that requires one to slide the top lid
forward.

Some pianos just weren't designed for service.  ;-)

--
JF