Tool nut strikes again!

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 22:00:11 MST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Bruce Dornfeld <bdornfeld at earthlink.net>
wrote:

>  I have been using a Milwaukee electric screwdriver (looks identical to a
> Panasonic one) for maybe ten years now.  The batteries take fifteen to
> twenty minutes to recharge.  I use two batteries: one in the driver and one
> spare in my main tool kit.  When the one dies, it takes about thirty seconds
> to replace it.  The dead one gets recharged that night and put back in as a
> spare.  These are cylindrical batteries about the size of a combination tool
> handle.
>

> Bruce Dornfeld, RPT
> bdornfeld at earthlink.net
> North Shore Chapter

I've seen the one you're talking about Bruce, my niece owned a print & copy
shop. She did all of my printing and I got to visit her a lot more. I was
there one day when her office machine tech came in and he was using one of
those Milwaukee inline, right?
I have the Black and Decker version, it has rechargable batteries which I
charge overnight at home and always have a spare with me, I like it's
self-locking collet for breaking loose those really tight screws before I
let it do the rest of the turning out. It's my 3rd power screwdriver, the
first 2 were like this Coleman and had no removable batteries so when the
batteries died so did they! I started using them when I was diagnosed with
carpal tunnel 13 years ago, I had the surgery 3 years ago but now it's a
habit and IMHO a real timesaver!
I used to carry a whole set of screwdrivers, now I have a few small ones, a
good one for tightening/removal of hammer flanges, whippen flange screws
etc. and of course the big flatblade and phillips for plate screws. The rest
stay in the truck and I run and get them if I need them. Instead I carry an
assortment of blades and nutdrivers to fit the B&D, a 1/4" for Dampp-Chaser
installs and a 3/8' or 5/16" can't remember which, for those Baldwin action
machine screws.

Mike

--
Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
Charles M.Schulz

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404