Copyright (was: alleged... behavior)

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:17:16 MST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Israel Stein <custos3 at comcast.net> wrote:

> So I suspect that it is in our interest to make sure that some sort of
> adequate financial incentive remains to compile and publish information
> about the ages of pianos from 1996 going forward. Because in the current
> information climate as David Boyce describes it - it just ain't gonna happen
> unless some independently wealthy guy with lots of time on his hands who
> just loves pianos undertakes the job. Or some foundation endows the work.

Here's a thought.  Maybe PTG could pay someone to compile it, then sell the
information to members and non-members.  Maybe today's manufacturers would
be quite willing to supply that information on an annual basis.

   1. It is in the interest of us all to have that information.
   2. We would then not be reliant on an individual to supply that
   information.
   3. It should be relatively easy to maintain such a list in the
   "digital age."

PTG would be an ideal entity to ensure both accuracy and perpetuity of this
information.

--
JF