piano cover cleaning

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sat Mar 1 13:56:18 MST 2008

Will do.  I'm still hopeful that someone on the list already has the answer,
but failing that, I will certainly post whatever I learn elsewhere.

My guess is that careful washing and drying (e.g., don't bake 'em) will work
just fine, although the sheer size and weight of large covers might keep
them from getting thoroughly clean, even in a big industrial washer.  Cotton
duck (the top layer of these particular covers) gets softer with washing, so
it might even improve their flexibility and, hence, ease of handling.

We've been talking about locking the covers on the pianos with cables, and
someone suggested using the cables to keep the covers off the floor by
lifting them into the flyspace.  I love the elegance of that solution,
'though I'm not sure it's actually feasible.

Annie