RE: André Oorebeek Hammer Prep Seminar

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 07:07:42 MDT 2008

Thanx for mentioning, i was going to make a reservation this morning...

Count me out :-(

Alicia> From: deanmay at pianorebuilders.com> To: pianotech at ptg.org> Subject: RE: André Oorebeek Hammer Prep Seminar> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:03:27 -0400> > Just remember that the border is now closed in our free country. If you go> to Canada to attend you must have a passport to get back home. > > Dean> > Dean May cell 812.239.3359 > > PianoRebuilders.com 812.235.5272 > > Terre Haute IN 47802> > > > > -----Original Message-----> From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf> Of Richard Brekne> Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 4:55 PM> To: pianotech at ptg.org> Subject: André Oorebeek Hammer Prep Seminar> > Having arranged two such seminars with André in Norway, and being aware > of several others in France and elsewhere in Europe, I can HIGHLY > recommend attendance. There are few who have attended so many of the > worlds major manufacturers Academies as André and few who have managed > to build up such a thriving independent status as a concert prep > artist/technician.> > Anyone looking for keen insights as to how to ready an instrument for > any concert situation, or do a top notch basic hammer change including > finish voicing for a critical piano situation should make the effort to > attend and pick up what one can in this kind of a seminar. 2 days may be > a short time, but if you are good at putting yourself on the students > bench... this kind of intimate seminar is an absolute must.> > Best Regards to Jack Howling for arranging the affair !> Richard Brekne> > > A very special seminar will be held in Vancouver BC on July 26 and> 27th. André Oorebeek will be coming from Amsterdam to give an> exclusive 2 day seminar on prepping hammers, from the raw state to> concert-ready.> > More details can be seen here:> http://www.pianofortesupply.com/hammerseminar> > The Canadian Association of Piano Technicians (CAPT) has generously> offered to pick up a large portion of the expenses, so we could keep> the fees down to $150 for both days, including lunch and snacks.> > There are a few spaces left and we expect to fill the seminar up fairy> quickly. Jack Houweling is taking registrations, his email is:> JackHouweling at dccnet.com> > >