Flitz for repetition springs?

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 06:15:43 MDT 2008

>Two questions.  One - what's a grub?

The slot that the spring rides in on the lever, that is the term someone used
a while ago so I stuck with it.

>Two - Can you supply the same type of directions as below to make the pliers?

A grinder removes material from the inside of the jaws to a curved profile
and then tapers the outside to a width that fits into the area.
Drag a piece of emery cloth thru the closed jaws to smooth the surface.
Go finer grades ending with crocus cloth. Buff on a wheel.

>Actually, a third question: what's your observation about the
>adherence of the Dag to the previously 'tallowed' surface?

Not had a problem in application or wear that I could see on the few