Wives tales ... violin tuning

A E eve_ane at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jun 29 07:55:58 MDT 2008

Fortuntely atleast one violinist i heard so far tunes in ET and not that crappy  pure 5ths... I thought my significant other to tune his violin in ET, after a year of struggle he keeps thanking me.. says the sound vinally stopped "slicing" his ears and sounds in warm harmony... From associating with them... violinists not only tend to think strangely bout their own instruments.. but worse. rat down on pianos... I was told by him that while he was studying, his professors always said "pianos are never in tune"... and some worse things...

Sorry to change the subject, i thought id mention ET.

Alicia> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:56:17 +0100> From: ricb at pianostemmer.no> To: pianotech at ptg.org> Subject: Wives tales ...> > "Sadly, it's often pianists themselves."> > Violinists and Bureaucratic Cultural Pamps are also very high on that list.> > RicB> > > >