Temperature and the Tuning Fork

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 27 19:43:38 MDT 2008

Andrew-

I use the heavyweight Walker fork. It's calibrated to my pocket. I carry it in a leather pouch with an aquarium thermometer stuck to the pouch. At 82 degrees Farenheit it's accurate with two tenths of a cent, and it holds its temperature reasonably well.

For the tuning exam, it's probably best to get an electronic A440.

Ed Sutton