Brumley trim-gauge

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 17:57:50 MDT 2008

Thanks Dave. I thought the beauty of the Brumley was to have a multi-use tool, too, that packs easily in a tool kit.  The 4" Brumley only expands to 7"--  And then the next size is 8".  Dang.   There are other things it can be used for, like placing hardware and some other things that if my brain wasn't fried and I had my notes in front of me, I could tell you about.  ;-)

Actually, I use a German-made tape measure that I got from Ford Piano Supply (yikes, if that doesn't date me!), which has a window on the "box"--the measurement read there includes the box.  It's standard and metric. Maybe I'll take a picture of it.  I've asked a couple piano suppliers to look into carrying it, but no luck so far.

Barbara Richmond