New Wessel, Knickel & Gross plate suspension system

Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano juderev at verizon.net
Thu Jun 26 20:35:57 MDT 2008

   I'd prefer that that bolt head was thinner.  2.5 mm max. So  counter sinking the bolt head relief hole doesnt' need to penetrate as deep into the soundboard wood.

I agree. Bruce and the folks at M&H/WNG would probably be open to some feedback that would make the system even more desirable.

  Many plate lag holes are off center from the factory. So...When I get my plate where I want it over the new pinblock I site down thru the plate holes & anything that looks askew I drill out with a 1/2 inch bit & fill it with 2 ----1/2"dia. by 1 & 1/2" long Pinblock type plugs & epoxy. It's painless & then a perfectly aligned hole is possible by sighting down thru the plate hole again & centering a new hole with a brad point drill bit to insure centering. Is that clear?

You betcha. I fill the holes with epoxy and high density filler and start from scratch.

Jude