Old Style Leather Buttons

Paul Chick tune4u at fmwildblue.com
Wed Jun 25 19:32:40 MDT 2008

: Re: Old Style Leather Buttons

Hi Paul
  Trix always repalces the original Leather buttons after finishing. It's fairly simply. The leather is such a long term permanent bumper.
   Dale

List members:

A client wants the original leather buttons installed on his ebony grand.  They are glued into a specially shaped hole in the lid, etc.  Wasn’t there an article in the PTJ about how to make/replace these bumpers.  Some of them were lost in the veneer repair stages.  I usually fill the old holes and use a stem bumper that’s available through supply houses.  But he wants to stay as original as possible.  Right now, all I have is  modified spade bits for the convex and concave profiles to form the holes.

Paul C

Thanks, Dale.

Paul C