Keyslips making keys stick

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Jun 24 04:02:53 MDT 2008

>It sounds like you're thinking that the unfinished side of the keyslip
>is going to pick up moisture while the other side does not, thus causing
>unequal expansion and bowing.

When refinishing, I will spray a few coats of sealer
on the back side of the key slip for this reason.

When there are screws along the rail securing it in place, plug the central
holes in the key slip and reinstall with the end screws and a shim in
the center
to force it away from the keys. Drill new central screw holes. Problem solved.
--

Regards,

Jon Page