Keyslips making keys stick

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Jun 23 12:09:52 MDT 2008

Hi Folks

I understand a temporary jury-rig and the need for it as well as the
next guy. And I think I rather covered that end of things in my first
post.  But here it seems that a jury-rig solution is being proposed as a
fully viable long term fix and thats where I part roads.

I mentioned that factories dont do this, and dont for obvious reasons.
Whilst I have no problem in looking at solutions for problems that are
not necessarily standard factory procedure, I cant ignore that virtually
all factories through time have opted quite consciously to not bush the
key slip on the front rail of the action.

Finally... come on guys... there are plenty of ways of doing a permanent
fix of a warped key slip without bushing the thing. And there have been
several suggested...even quick fixes that will most often work.  A
temporary rig in a jam is one thing. A good long term fix that doesn't
compromise or risk compromising soft shift function is another.

Cheers
RicB