Keyslips making keys stick

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Mon Jun 23 09:38:20 MDT 2008

List,
	My 10 minute solution is to trim the dowels protruding from the
bottom of the slip on the side facing the player, essentially making the
dowels smaller in diameter than the corresponding hole in the keybed. Then
glue a piece of leather in the holes one quarter the circumference of the
hole on the side closest to the keyframe.
	Hard to describe, but think of it as making a smaller hole and
"moving" it away from the keyframe . Then when inserting the slip (with the
smaller dowels) a new space is created without adding any extra friction.
I'm all for doing what needs to be done in whatever time and resources may
be available, and this technique qualifies on both counts.
	Tom Driscoll RPT

Checked by AVG.
7:17 AM