no hammer rise

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Wed Jun 18 12:01:59 MDT 2008

    Well, the hammers are the originals.  I realize that doesn't guarantee that they're not too heavy.  The hammer flanges and rep. levers do not seem to be pinned too tightly.  I'm not going to worry about action spread just yet.  I don't know what the spec is for this piano anyhow.  The rep. spring tension has been turned way up on many trial wippens/hammers, upon which I feel a kick when I release the key pressure, but the hammers still don't rise.
    No, the hammers don't fall dramatically when tripped by the finger.  As I said, everything else is regulated pretty much as it should be, including rep. lever height above the tops of the jacks, and rep. spring strength -- at least, as well as I can regulate it without being able to observe the hammer rise.
    Thanks,  David Nereson